Friday, December 16, 2016

The end is nigh!

I have been a bad blogger lately, and, I apologize.  The good news is, things remain surprisingly easy for me.  I chalk it up to a huge community of family and friends and all their prayers, support, and positive energy.  They have strengthened my constitution.  

Here is the routine, as it exists, during round 2.  This part consists of 2 chemo drugs, referred to as AC.  This is short for
  • doxorubicin (also known as Adriamycin)
  • cyclophosphamide.
It's the nasty stuff, Folks!

I go every 2 weeks to give my system time to recover.  Total time in chemo is only about 2 hours, start to finish.   The A of the AC, is so caustic,  it must be injected manually, in case my blood vessels collapse!  So far, so good, it doesn't even hurt!

Common side-effects are:
  • Immunity system takes a big hit
  • Hair loss
  • Nausea 
  • Vomiting
  • Diahhreah 
  • Mouth sores
  • Strange tastes 
  • Pain at injections
  • Tiredness
Whew!   What a list!

My constitution must be tough.  My actual side efffects:
  • Slight mouth sores
  • Strange tastes
  • Fatigue 
  • Digestive issues
  • I can't quite shake this cold I have
That’s it!  I still have some hair, I have never vomited, only slightly nauseated!  I have only missed one extra day of work! 

I consider my journey blessed.

Only 1 more treatment left!  

The end is SO NEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment