Tuesday, December 27, 2016

19 Minutes and counting

I am counting down the last 19 minutes of this 20-week journey through 16 rounds of chemo.   It is simultaneously hard to believe it is over, and never ending.  I look forward to feeling normal, for food to taste the way it should, for this stinking cold to get better.

I have been getting the on-body Neulasta shot to boost my immune system these last three rounds.  Normally, I wouldn't need it today because I won't have any more chemo, but, because of my cold, I got it again.  We just found out how much it cost........insurance was charged $8,000!  Yes, thousand.   For one.  I thank God for insurance, every day.  Our charges as of the last treatment.... $117,000.  Yes, hundred thousand.   My doctor and I just agreed, something has got to change!

As I finish this........11 minutes to go!

Here is my peanut gallery, waiting breathlessly 😂😂.


No comments:

Post a Comment