Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Oh, and, chemo......

I'm sure many of you wonder what chemo looks like.  First, there are as many different flavors of chemo as there are types of cancer.  My regiment is weekly and it is administered interveniously.  The rooms are equpped with a heated  massage chair.  There is also a TV and free Wi-Fi.   All the comfort of home, except with chemo.



Once I get comfy, they hook up an IV and simply switch out bags.  I don't feel anything at all while receiving it.  I sometimes get a weird taste in my mouth, like chemicals, but other than that, it's really quite boring.



My regiment has me receiving 3 chemo drugs every third week, with only 2 drugs on the other weeks.  It takes between 3 and 4 hours depending on if it's a three-drug or two-drug week.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all my friends and my church family for stepping up to help me get to my appointments.   Even my brother has helped, and he lives in Iowa!  It has really helped, as getting so much time off is not easy for Mark.  I also am blessed that my school district is working so generously  with me during this process.

I got good news as I prepped for chemo today.  I had an MRI on Friday, and, after only three treatments, and the tumor is already smaller! All the positive energy (and chemo) is really doing its job!  Thank you to all who have offered your support.

3 comments:

  1. Diane I love your positive outlook and really like that you are showing us this part because I honestly had no idea of what the place would look like and I quite honestly wanted to know. I'm so happy that the scan showed some good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU for all your support. It is what gives me that positive outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank YOU for all your support. It is what gives me that positive outlook.

    ReplyDelete